Saturday, January 7, 2012

Winter time, nothing to do in my Garden

        The only thing I hate about winter, well not the only thing, is that I can't work in my garden. My garden is my haven, my escape, where I get back to nature. I get up early in the morning just to go outside with my coffee and have some peace, no one wanting something from me, or needing me to do something for them. You all know what I mean, I love my babies and my husband, I just need a break and being in my garden around the beauty of my plants and nature heals my soul and fills me back up so I can give my family and friends what they need.
     In the winter I can't go out there as much, normally its just to damn cold! Today it wasn't, 50 degrees isn't cold just jacket weather. I took some hot Pomegranate Cider with me and sat on a bench I have that faces the woods behind my home. The trees are all resting, the under growth is asleep, and its so peaceful. I can get lost in my thoughts, dreams, and just rest my mind. It was what I needed after this hard week. Peace. In my garden, its where I find peace. Its why I wanted to do this blog, I wanted you to have that peace too.
      It doesn't matter where you live or if you own or rent your home. There's a way to give yourself that peace, and I will help you if you need it or want it. All you have to do is let me know.
     My friend Crystal posted this on my Facebook and I thought I'd share it with all of you, it's really beautiful.
    I added a new page today, it's on crafts to do with Herbs. I started with just one and I'll add more every week, if you have any that you make I would love to put them in here and a link to your site or just your name for credit. I have put a few recipes in here before and I think I want to add a page just for recipes, again if you would like to share I would be grateful we all need something new to cook sometimes!
      On my 'A Good Mornings Start' blog I'm also going to put some recipes that feature coffee, tea and of course chocolate! Feel free to add to that as well. Just leave me a comment or email me and we'll go over the details. You all know I love hearing from you and your thoughts,comments,idea's and suggestions. Until we meet again.........          



No comments: