Monday, March 26, 2012

A Word From Intricate Knot

     Hello friends, I know this is my garden blog but I thought Intricate Knot did such a good job explaining how she felt about Woman to Woman I wanted to share it with all my blogs.
  Sharing Our Woes & Our Wisdom


“I’m a little bit of everything all rolled into one: I’m a bitch, I’m a lover, I’m a child, I’m a mother, I’m a sinner, I’m a saint. I do not feel ashamed.” 
 Meredith Brooks, “Bitch”
      Don’t you just love Meredith Brooks? She finally put us (women) in a song. Succinct. To the point. Accurate.
    For the most part, women are the caregivers of the world. And don’t think for one moment that the world could continue to revolve without us. 
   If we all went on strike at the same time, regardless of time zone, clearly the world would stop spinning. 
   As mothers, daughters, employees, grandmothers, partners, girlfriends, wives, and friends, we are generally taking care of other people. Being a caregiver is wonderful, satisfying, and fulfilling.
   And should there be no reciprocation or even a simple “thank you,” it doesn't matter, because caring for others feeds our souls. 
  This is not to say that we don’t have our bad days, ladies. You know, those days when you think, 


“Oh my god, I've lost my mind. Again.” 
 “Now, why did I think it was a good idea to get married?” 
“I must have been crazy to think I can start this business on my own.”
 “Remind me,” (as you stand in the midst of your screaming brood), “why the heck did I have these kids??”  
“What am I doing??? Who the hell do I think I am?”
    And after three sleepless nights in a row, battling the flu, doing the dishes while cupcakes are baking in the oven AND helping your eldest with her algebra (eeek!) homework, 
  “Why the f*ck did I volunteer to go into the office early tomorrow and prepare all the meeting handouts???” 
   These are just a few of the reasons why I thought it would be a fabulous idea to join a woman’s group, but not just any woman’s group.
   I joined Woman to Woman, because I don’t just want to bitch about my day or listen to other women bitch, I want to share my day and hear other women share their day. 
   What I really want is a little more support in my life and I want to give a little more support to others…others who will appreciate it.
   Who doesn't need more of that in their lives? Plus (and this is a biggie!) it’s free. There are no charges to join Woman to Woman. Zip. Nada. 
     What I found is a group of ladies who listen, care, are there for each other, and who appreciate YOU. 
    True, this is all happening in the “cyber” world, but a lot of us spend most of our time on the internet, anyway! 
    So among all your other “social networking,” why not spend some time in a safe place where you can can be yourself, whoever that may be today: bitch, lover, child, mother, sinner, or saint. And you don’t have to worry about feeling ashamed, because there’s no judgment here. 
    We need that girl time to unwind, let loose, vent when the need arises, and give back to others, too. Share our woes and our wisdom. And that’s one of the things that we women do best…share.


     Isn't she great? Go by and and tell her how great her post is,  http://intricateknot.blogspot.com  
      Until we meet again......




     www.woman2woman.freeforums.org
            



















No comments: